Friday 21 June 2013

onto the final phase

Yesterday I proved to myself that my body (specifically my right ankle) is now strong enough to withstand running - alternating with walking - on four consecutive days.  For me this is an important milestone because my normal training regime includes running on four days and resting on the fifth.

Now ... the final phase of rehab is to do exactly the same but without the walking bit, ie running the whole time.  Beginning with 10 minutes tomorrow morning and ending with a full hour on Friday 5 July.

The following day I have an appointment with the physio just to confirm that everything is OK and that I'm fit enough to train normally again.  Also going to the doctor to check that the medicine for my gout is working and that it is the drug that suits me best ... I strongly suspect that everything's fine there.

Something to look forward to then.

No comments: