Tuesday 24 April 2012

running news ...

The weather seems to have improved a bit of late although the forecast is for more rain (lots) tomorrow morning when I plan to run 23.5 miles (37.8 km).

The weather in New York seems to be as bad as it is here in Yorkshire.  William Sichel seems to running a 6 day race in the rain.  Less fun than usual but I'm sure the camaraderie between he runners, helpers, officials and volunteers is helping enormously.

This afternoon I did my weekly long fartlek run which was 21.5 miles (34.6 km) this time.  As usual I chose a route with a few hills and recorded a time of 2h 41.  I know the time isn't at all important but it does give an indication of my progress.

After a recovery meal I then set to work on half an hour of core exercises.

Recently checked the results of the IAU 100 km World Championships and was surprised to see that Lizzy Hawker wasn't listed in the results.  I guess illness or injury was to blame but of the remaining two UK runners Emily Gelder finished in 13th position with 8h 08 and Karen Rushton was 16th in 8h 22.  I should think Karen is very pleased with that ... well done to her.

No comments: