Thursday 15 March 2012

recent training ... and this year's first race.

Well, after a couple of long runs this week followed by this morning's hill reps I can feel my fitness improving almost daily - or so it seems.

The long runs were especially enjoyable in the sunshine (still not too warm though) and I'm beginning to take more seriously the need to experiment with types and quantities of food/drink whilst running.

I'm sure the recent sunny weather has a lot to do with it as it makes everything seem so much ... easier, more fun, worth doing.

Still, I know my speed and endurance is returning but the first real test will be on Saturday 31 March in Liverpool when I'll be running for the club's B team in the annual North of England 12 stage road relays.  It's only 4.9 miles (7.9 km) but at least I'll have a good idea about my level of fitness.  After that it's time to enter an ultra race and get serious with the training.

No comments: