Friday 19 August 2011

good news all round

After a day free from running yesterday (lots of strength work and cycling though) I got back outside this afternoon for a tempo run of eight miles.  A fraction shorter than my last tempo run but with the Commonwealth Championships only five weeks away now I've got to start being a bit careful.  Most of the hard work has already been done.

Anyway today's run was again on the route of the Otley 10 because of the useful mile markers around the course and, despite the breezy conditions, I finished in a pleasing 56:10

As per my training earlier this week I feel doubly pleased about this because it felt quite easy really ... I had plenty in reserve.

Finally, congratulations to US ultra distance runner Dan Rose and his wife Lizzy on the announcement of an addition to their family next winter.  I know he's sensibly decided to take a sabbatical from racing for the next couple of years (?) but I guess he'll be back when he feels he can spare the time from parental duties.  All the best Dan, I hope our paths cross again.

No comments: