Thursday 30 June 2011

first run

Last night I ran for the first time since ... well, you know ... THAT race.

Anyway it was a local 5 mile race as part of the Harrogate & District Summer Road Race League.  I got all the usual jokes which I sort of expected.  None of them made me feel any better but I guess the other runners had to get it out of their system.

Fay said:  "Let them try run 99.5 miles in 17h 45 ... or even 24 hours."  The big hug that accompanied that made me feel better.

I know they'll be something in this week's Wharfedale & Aireborough Observer as my club (Otley AC) always have something in about recent races, etc.  Haven't seen it yet - I will tomorrow - and then PLEASE let that be an end  to it.

Training continues in preparation for the Commonwealth Championships which is by far the most important race for me this year.

No comments: