Wednesday 17 November 2010

things are going well

Recovery has gone exceptionally well after the race in Perth.  Much better than anticipated and I feel ready for all the winter training in the lead up to next year's World Championships in Brugg.  Apart from the usual form of training - running - I'm now beginning to introduce quite a few new strength exercises to my repertoire.

Hope it's not as cold as the last winter though.

As mentioned in an earlier post I'm looking to do an ultra (or two) in the spring.  Well, plans are well underway for that to happen and full details will be on this site when everything's confirmed.  Other, shorter, races in the pipeline include the traditional Otley AC Christmas handicap on 19 Dec and then other possibles include the Huddersfield 10k (27 Feb), Northern Athletics 12 stage relay in Catterick (20 Mar), Guiseley Gallop (24 Apr), Rothwell 10k (2 May), Ripon 10 (8 May) ... and a few Park Run 5k races in Bradford and Leeds.  Again I'll post details as soon as things are confirmed.

After the World Championships there's the second Commonwealth Championships at the end of September.  Slightly more details as to the venues have recently been posted on the England Athletics website.  Having briefly looked at a map I can't immediately find a suitable venue for a 24hr race in Llandudno (or even Lllandudno).  I'm sure everything is there though and it's probable that I've just looked in the wrong area.

No comments: