Friday 2 July 2010

Harrogate League

Last night was the final counting race in this years Harrogate League.  After five races between the end of April and the beginning of July Harrogate H & AC have won the team title.  Well done to them.

However the women and women's vets from my club, Otley AC, have done remarkably well to finish first in both categories for the first time ever.  Brilliant result.

Last nights race was 4.8 miles from the village of Hudswell in Swaledale.  The results show that I finished 38th in 32:12.  I'm happy with that ... the last time I ran this course was two years ago and my time on that occasion was five seconds quicker.  The results also show that this was my best result from this year's five races.

The route was basically 1.5 miles uphill from the start followed by two undulating miles then a final 1.3 miles downhill to the finish.  I started steadily and passed loads of people near the top of the hill but even more people during the third quarter of the race.

The hills suit me at the moment as I'm doing lots of hill training and feeling very strong.

Many thanks to Swaledale Road Runners for organising the race - and the food at the George & Dragon was as good as ever.

No comments: