Monday 6 July 2009

Commonwealth Championships

Well, well, well ... what can I say except "at last ..."

Had a phone call early yesterday afternoon from Norman Wilson [chairman of ultra selection - England Athletics].  He was phoning to confirm my selection for the Commonwealth Ultra Running Championships which will take place in Keswick in mid September.

I've been selected for the 24 hr event on condition that I run no more than 100 miles next weekend at the East Hull Harriers 24 hr race. This condition poses no problems at all because I was never intending to run more than 100 miles ... I want to make sure I'm fully recovered in time for the Commonwealth Championships.

Still a few questions need answering about the Championships - crew, accommodation, meals, kit, etc. I'm sure these will all be answered in the next few weeks.

For now I'm just happy to have my selection confirmed - only about six or seven months later than expected.

No comments: