Tuesday 3 February 2009

Good run in bad weather

Very cold here at the moment with lots of ice about (and a bit of snow too).  Ran over 11 miles this morning at about 8 minutes per mile ... very pleasing in the conditions.  It's not easy running with cars skidding past.

As usual I had, on my hands, two pairs of thermal gloves and an old pair of socks. They were still cold for the first 3 or 4 miles though.

Remember my post last week about recovery ? Well Scott Jurek has an excellent post on his blog about that very subject.

Still undecided about the Hull 24 hr race this year. I've won it for the last two years and it would be good to defend my title BUT I think it's a bit close to the Commonwealth Championships and as the latter is this year's priority I need to make sure I'm properly recovered.

I've just read a good article in last weeks Athletics Weekly magazine about Chris Finhill.  There seems to have been quite a bit of ultra running coverage recently in that mag ... about time too.

No comments: