Monday 7 April 2008

Thanks, Phil for the encouraging comments.

A long(ish) run today of about 12 or 13 miles. Still icing the old achilles before and after the long runs. Went very well and tomorrow I'll do the same distance but at least a minute a mile quicker.

Today I'm only doing the eccentric achilles stretches once - the first step on the long path from 14 times a week to once every three days.

I've also just entered the Self Transcendence 24 hr race in London in October. This is a condition of The Divan Centre sponsoring me. I don't mind as this is a very well organised race and I enjoy the conditions at Tooting Bec and get on well with the lap counters, etc.

As part of my next 'easy week' (28 Apr - 4 May) I've organised a walking break for me and Fay in the Yorkshire Dales as part of our wedding anniversary celebrations. So, the plan for that week is: Mon - 25 miles, Tue - 3 miles fartlek, Thu - 7 miles tempo, Fri to Sun - lots of walking. I'll also try to fit in the other stuff too ... cycling, strength training, etc.

No comments: